Tuesday, August 04, 2009

1 goal accomplished

Of the many 'mini-goals' I had for myself in coming out to DC, one was to find some part-time patent work I could do via the internet throughout the upcoming school year. I thought patent-searching could be an excellent way to go about that: flexible hours, the databases are all online, and I have some experience already. I also thought it would be excellent prep work for my upcoming career as a patent attorney.

So I started sending out emails to patent searching companies located here in Northern Virginia, and a company called Express Search wrote back that they were interested in meeting me for lunch. Well, lunch was today - and we signed the paperwork today too! I have some training and stuff I have to do, but I'm pumped about it.

I get paid, I get to look at patents, and I can work anytime I have internet access. My boss and his wife were both very real with me and are willing to coach me in this, and understand my goal of working at a law firm upon graduation, so it's really exactly what I was hoping for.

It's nice when things work out.

2 comments:

Raquel said...

Congrats! That is great news. I hope your training for the marathon is going well. I am very impressed that you are participating in that this fall!

Tyler Root said...

Nice dude. Hope it works out well.