Sunday, July 19, 2009

No slowdown

I feel like this week flew by. Everyday was something new & crazy, fun and exciting. I won't do a complete log of my weekend here, but here are some of the highlights.

On Thursday I went to the Air & Space museum to see the Apollo 11 stuff - I went on the 40th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch, and checked out the actual return capsule. It was pretty cool stuff.

Then yesterday I went and saw Mt. Vernon with my buddy Ken and my friends Shannon & Mikelle, in from Salt Lake. Mt. Vernon was a pretty cool place, with a beautiful outlook over the Potomac River.









Also, I realized I never posted about my little trip to Arlington National Cemetery last week. I went last Sunday after Church and it was amazing. Saw JFK's eternal flame, saw the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Very sobering.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

Looks like an awesome time. I want so badly to go to the DC area and then head up to Boston. I have this burning need to see where America all started.