Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Capitol Tour

So today I went on a tour of our nation's Capitol building. It was pretty cool.

Before going I called my Congressman's office and arranged a tour. While the intern giving the tour didn't really know jack about the Capitol (I think I could have read a wiki article for 5 minutes and learned more) it was very nice to be on a private tour rather than a general tour. Instead of a group of 20ish people, it was the intern, myself, and the other Texas Tech law student that works with me. That's it, so we were able to move fast, see things, and move on. It's pretty much the best way to do it. We finished in an hour and 1/2, and I'll bet a normal tour is ~ 3 hours.

I haven't uploaded my pictures to my computer yet.... but seeing it was incredible. Especially the Rotunda and the Crypt. Both were way cool. The intern did show us the "whispering crack" - haha! No, it's these two spots in the House statue room where you can hear someone whisper on the far side - in a crowded room! It was freaky.

Then we went into the House gallery right when it was starting for the day - saw Nanci Pelosi, and there were maybe 3 other House members there at the start. The whole thing was sweet.

4 comments:

t-rav* said...

Does Ms. Pelosi look as terrible in person as her policies do on paper?

Unknown said...

Err....
She seemed to be very in charge. As soon as her gavel started the session, she was off to talk and meet with more people.

ixoj said...

Were you tempted to throw a stone at her? I would have been.

Unknown said...

Oh yes. I'd love to throw 1 trillion rocks. Unfortunately you have to go through a total of 4 security checks before you can get to the gallery...