Saturday, March 15, 2008

Polar, TX

Having been born about 200 years too late to enjoy true wilderness, I, like many of my friends enjoy looking for the forgotten places that are often nearby. One day, while looking at my map, I was intrigued by Polar TX - there simply aren't that many towns at the 'end of the road,' so to speak.So this morning I decide to take off in my T-Ruck and see what there is to see. Prior to departing I did the requisite search on The Google, which turned up nothing. On my way to Polar I saw some sweet windmills, a live havalina (ferral pig/boar), and somehow a Sobe bottle reached my hand (odd, I know...).

I found Polar, sho 'nuff. Here it is










Basically, I would warn people against ever going to Polar. What if I were dumb and needed gas out there? Or what if I just desired a sandwich or a refreshing Sobe? This map-dot should be erased.
On a plus note, I did take some sweet dirt roads to get back to the highway, instead of the paved road. It's sad that the highlight of the trip was going home.

1 comment:

Tyler Root said...

That's dope. I love taking little road trips through small towns and learning of the history of that place. Looks like Polar may not have been much to write home about though.

Dude, I'm not knocking TX, but I really feel for you when I see the pictures and absolutely no mountains around....I just don't know what that would be like.