Sunday, December 16, 2007

Weekend Update

So what does a single LDS dude do in Savannah Georgia for a weekend? Well, not a whole lot, but I tried to stay busy...

On Friday I went and saw I am Legend. I've learned over the past few years to just go to the movies by myself when I want to see something and can't find others to go. Such is the case in Savannah... But the movie rocked.

On Saturday I went down to the Savannah River and walked around downtown in a misty rain. It was kinda cool, but all the shops were super touristy and full of junk. But it was kinda cool just relaxing by the river and watching the ships.


Then today I went to church - I gotta say, this was by far the UN-friendliest place I've ever been to church at. I pretty much had to force some people to talk to me so I could find Sunday School and Elder's Quorum. Just more people talking the talk but not walkin' the walk when it comes to being a Christian/good Latter-day Saint.

After church I went to Hilton Head, which is a resort island in South Carolina about an hour away. Walked on the beach for awhile, relaxed, and came back to the hotel. Pretty exciting life!

No comments: