Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Devil went down to Georgia...

So, after my finals, I figured I should just sit around for 4 weeks between semesters, being a mooch at my parent's place and the like. Oh wait, that's not me... No, I set it up so I took off the day after finals to go work in Georgia for L-3. I arrived yesterday, meaning that today, my birthday, was the first day back on the job.

Work, well, work still sucks. 4 months off, no change - there's still nothing to do. The hardest thing about today was installing Half-life 2 on my laptop so I can play the other guys in the office. Other than that, the other hard thing was deciding where to go for lunch. As for real work, well, there was none. So basically, the next 3 1/2 weeks are basically an all expenses paid vacation to Savannah Georgia for me. I've been to Savannah, and hopefully working through Christmas won't be a horrible experience and I can find things to do... Not that Savannah Georgia has that much to do, but I'm going to find everything outside of work to do that I can.
(a shot of the moss hanging from the trees all around town. watch out, it's full of Chiggars).

Today, to celebrate living for 29 years, I went to the Atlantic Ocean. Oceans in general are pretty sweet, but they also kinda intimidate me. Something about endless, really deep, water. But despite the intimidation, there's also a nice rhythm and peacefulness to the ocean that I really enjoy.

Oh, as something of a report card - I do my yearly goals based on my birthday. Unfortunately, I only achieved 1/5 goals last year - the one goal I achieved was being able to play 5 songs on the guitar from memory. Hopefully I'll do better in my 30th year of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I forgot even though we text talked a bunch yesterday.