Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fried Pickles

So tonight I hooked up with my friend Becky and we headed on over to Po Melvin's in Irving for some Po Boy's. A Po Boy is kinda like a sub, only with twice as much meat as one would normally put on a sandwich - making it impossible to close, and a nice chore to fit inside your mouth. They're about the size of a nerf football.

Anyway, so me and Becks goin' to eat some Po Boy's, we sit down, and she starts a talkin' about fried pickles. Now, I've had lots of stuff fried, but never pickles, so I'm intrigued... and then I go to order an appetizer, and lo an' behold, at Po Melvin's they serve fried pickles. Of course I had to order them.

The verdict? They weren't half bad. And I am very grateful for the opportunity I had to try something different on Thanksgiving Eve.

2 comments:

jimwraith said...

Gross, dude...just gross...

Matthew P Brown, Esq. said...

Since I have moved to Texas I have learned that everything can be fried.