Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Eating Out

So tonight I'm going out with my sister and brother-in-law. We're going to Texas Roadhouse, and should be delicious.

Why does this matter? Well, it's the first time in 2 months I'll be paying to eat out. I've eaten some food other people have bought for me (especially here at school) - but I haven't bought food at a restaurant since leaving Utah.

The effect has been good on my pocketbook and my gut, which has almost entirely disappeared. I'm stronger and leaner than I think I've ever been - last week I put 225 up 4 times unassisted, and I 'hit the bag' 3-4 times a week (boxing).

Anyway, I guess the whole point of this post is just to say that while I believe eating out to be a fun social experience and a nice break from the routine of life, it most certainly isn't healthy or financially sound to do so. But some Chicken Fried Chicken sounds good...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ry-ry, you needed 2 months of single guy college food to tell you that it's not good for your gut to eat out? you should have just asked me. i would have told you in a heartbeat. ;)

Unknown said...

It wasn't so much that I didn't know eating out was unhealthy... I just didn't know how big of a difference it would make.

The Shavers said...

We just went to El Torito with some friends to celebrate the being done with a terrible thing called "Twelve Station" and it was a waste of 15 bucks. Not impressed. My Mexican wife's homemade white-washed mexican food is much better than El Torito's! BTW Happy Hispanic Heritage Month, RyRy!