Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A couple of quick thoughts...

  1. I'm exhausted.
  2. I miss having cable TV. But then, I also miss having time to watch TV.
  3. Because of #2, I am super thankful for NBC.com and VH1.com
  4. The fact that T-rav* bought an AK-47 doesn't truly surprise me.
  5. Congrats to Jared for passing his optometry boards.
  6. My parents are going to Salt Lake this weekend for General Conference. I found this out Sunday about 10PM, when I called home to see if I could come visit this weekend. I'm doing great at keeping up with my family.
  7. Halo 3 is fun, but I think it's good I don't have more time to spend playing it. (Nevertheless, I quickly Finished the Fight...)
  8. I have hopes that Into the Wild will come to Lubbock, but I'm not holding my breath. From appearances, this looks to be an excellent movie which, along with The Fountain, Waitress, and Children of Men, most people will ignore, which is very unfortunate. Regardless of how the movie turns out, the book was excellent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you still know me well. I'll send you a pic when it's all finished.

The Shavers said...

Thank you for the congrats! And, I'm happy to say that we LOVED the fountain! We haven't seen children of men or the Waitress, yet, but with your recommendation, maybe we will. (Except, I think Children of Men is rated R, so I might have to watch it without my wife knowing...she's SOOOO righteous, you know.