Friday, November 10, 2006

The Funeral: part 1

So today was part 1 of my Grandmother's funeral. It went well. It was really nice to see all sorts of Aunts and Uncles and cousins. Now that both grandparents on my mother's side are gone I wonder if we'll still have family reunions and get-togethers.

It was overall a touching experience, and I learned some stuff. For example, I didn't know that my grandmother was born in Idaho. I also learned that not only did all her sons earn Eagle Scout, but ALL of her grandsons (~15?) earned Eagle as well, and so far the oldest great-grandson has already earned his Eagle. That's pretty nuts.

A lot of people asked about my experience in Iraq. One or two asked me why I wasn't married yet. And my immediate family was shocked that I shaved the beard. I look like I'm 16 now...

No comments: