Sunday, June 04, 2006

Moab and stuff

So this weekend was crazy. We (Ken, Kirk, Britney, and myself) went to Moab, UT, on Friday night. It was good times - I had this massive foil dinner, the stars were beautiful, nice campfire. A little warm, but really a very nice night.
The next morning we rode a trail called 'Fins and things'. It was tough, took us about 3 1/2 hours. Some slick rock, some sand, and some dirt. Not nearly as technical as the 'Slickrock' trail, but a good trail.
I got back and immediately headed off to the Rodeo up near Grantsville. Worst Cowboys I've ever seen, but it was still fun.

So today I read an interesting article on USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2006-06-04-iraq-doctors-cover_x.htm
It's all about the hospital at Balad Air Base. The Dr. Bishoff quoted in the article was my Mormon group leader while I was there.

Tomorrow's activity will be searching for a 21 year old that is missing in a canyon near here (Rock Canyon). I, along with T-Rav and perhaps Ken, are going to try and lend a hand to the search and rescue efforts. But, since he's been missing since Thursday morning, the chances aren't very good.

No comments: