Saturday, June 17, 2006

Eco-Challenge


So today I completed my first triathlon, but not just any tri, today I did the BYU Football Triathlon, aka the Eco-Challenge. Basically it went like this (for me - some people are a lot faster).
4 AM - wake up
5:05 - swim 1 mile in a lane with 4 other guys. big football player guys.
6 - bike over to LaVell Edwards Stadium, run every stair
7 - start biking up to Squaw Peak overlook. mountain bikes only - no road bikes.
8:30 - rest for a minute at the top of Squaw Peak, then ride to the top of South Fork canyon (up past Bridal Veil, Vivian, and South Fork parks)
10 - turn around at South Fork, now it's on to Aspen Grove
11:30 - Aspen Grove. Now run/hike to Stewart Falls, then on to Arrowhead Peak (in Sundance Ski Resort). And jump across some streams and stuff.
12:45 - take an extended break 'cause I'm about to pass out
1:26 - shake Bronco Mendenhall's hand as I cross the finish line.

So basically I'm dead tired now. I'm about to collapse as I write this. Since I was wearing spandex-like stuff, I had to be a little picky on which picture I could post and maintain my 'Family friendly' rating. But here ya go. This is me after 8hrs and 21 minutes of racing. If you look closely, you can see those dead sexy sweat lines across my chest.

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Way to be, Ry! That's awesome. Did you get my email? You're the man.

Unknown said...

Jordan, it's too bad I missed you guys. Would've been great to see someone I recognized at Stewart Falls. Umm... The lycra stuff helps wick the sweat away, thus preventing chaffing.

Tyler Root said...

Congrats on getting through that dude.

Jordan (first, I don't know you but....) only studs like Ry Ry can wear that stuff and pull it off. If it was me wearing it, I'd be showing too much of my flabby physique :-).

Seriously though, that is a great accomplishment. Do you have any idea what place you came in?