Thursday, May 06, 2010

Red Lights of Doom


Anyone who has owned a XBox 360 for more than a year and a half knows these lights. The red lights of doom. For those interested in why Xboxes have failed so consistently, costing Microsoft millions/billions? of dollars, here's the short version: They did no thermal analysis prior to selling them. None! If you buy one in the stores now, it works properly because they've put the necessary heatsinks in to absorb the heat and disperse it.

The thing is, I really enjoy having an xbox, and yet I start studying for the bar in 1 1/2 weeks. Now's probably not the time to buy a new one...

3 comments:

Tyler Root said...

Isn't it still covered in the warranty? Xbox covered mine when it happened, but it was within a year of buying it, so that might be why. They had me send it back and they repaired it and sent it back to me. I was about 3 weeks without my xbox.

--jeff * said...

i'm a ps3 guy, but i pretty much only use it for blu-rays and rock band. so go with what you want.

Unknown said...

The warranty's expired... and this is now the 4th time it's happened. I'll probably replace it in August and sell this one once I get it refurbished.