Sunday, May 02, 2010

Post #400

I haven't blogged in 2 1/2 months. Part of it was feeling that nothing in my life was exciting enough to write about. Part of it was that I was too busy to really think about it. Part of it was that this is my 400th post and I wanted it to be somewhat memorable. But I've decided that there are a number of exciting things going on right now that I should share.

1) I graduate from law school in less than 2 weeks.
2) I'm still looking for a post-law school job, but I have some leads, and I'm hoping for the best.
3) I helped brand cows yesterday. I was really excited to be doing it - it was fun!
4) I continue to do Crossfit, although my exercise routine has been somewhat more erratic lately. Despite this, and despite gaining more weight lately than I like, I'm actually stronger than I can ever remember. If only my cardio were still worth speaking of...
5) My youngest brother Jeff is engaged!!!

Now, anyone who knows me knows that I have plenty to complain about - I've been super frustrated in my job search, I'm stressed with school, and I'm ready to bid adieu to Lubbock. But the fact is that I'm very blessed, and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have even more good news to post.

4 comments:

t-rav* said...

Branding cows and makin' sausage...I think you're gonna miss Lubbock more than you might think.

Tyler Root said...

Man, you graduate a Lawyer in two weeks??? That's pretty impressive dude. I know it would be nice to have a sure-fire job in line, but the fact that you made it through law school is way impressive.

Good luck in your job search. My brother in-law has his own firm (just family practice stuff) in Spanish Fork if you're pondering coming back to the great state of Utah. I'm sure he may have some advice if you need any.

What is this "Crossfit" routine you speak of? I'm always looking for something new.

--jeff * said...

glad you're writing again.

those poor burnt cows...

Kirk said...

I go through the same thing with by blog...don't like to say anything unless I feel like I have something to say.

Congrats enduring through law school. I know how stoked you must feel to graduate soon.