Monday, August 04, 2008

Chicago

Chicago was sweet. I had some good interviews and my ol' buddy Powell (Aaron) came out from Spokane to interview as well. He and I met this crazy dude in the EL terminal, got some deep dish Chicago pizza, then went swimming at the hotel. It was pretty sweet.

The true vacation took place after the interviews were over. Powell took off and Jenn Wheeler came in town. She wore me out walking all around downtown Chicago. We took an architectural tour, walked the lake shore, went to the Field Museum, ate at some sweet restaurants, went to the Art Museum, listened to Lalapalooza, saw Wrigley Field, and saw the LDS temple. Here's a few of my favorite shots from the weekend:










This is Chicago. Beautiful town - when the weather's good. When the weather's poor, not fun.










This is the Ghost and the Darkness. They were some killer lions in Africa many moons ago, and the only thing I really wanted to see in Chicago. I was super happy we found them. This other thing is the Big Bean.

This was an incredible poster explaining leadership among native Americans... Jenn really liked the tshirt...










And this is Jenn looking cute, with my face covered. I think its funny...

2 comments:

Stacy Pincock said...

Hey Ry! I was happy to find your blog! I hope your trip was fun! It was so good to see you and your family! Let me know if you are ever in Spokane! What part of Spokane is your friend from?
See ya!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Holy crap WHAT? Are you dating Jenn? That's nuts, bro

that is NUTTY CRACKERS