Saturday, May 31, 2008

Turner Falls

So I was invited to a campout up in Oklahoma by some people from the local singles ward. My bro. Jeff and I decided to go and check it out - a little place called Turner Falls.

(Prior to going we had checked out the wikipedia page, and both of us wanted to throw up. The thought of camping 'round here generally makes me want to throw up... but we do what we can.)

So we take off for Oklahoma. Right when we got off the highway we see this... so of course we took pictures. It's some sort of dirt storage thing... I guess.
Turner Falls was nice enough. Here's a shot of the actual falls:
While the falls were nice, and it was fun to get to know some new people, I'm thinking perhaps the best part of the trip was seeing the Big People in Gainsville. I discovered the RoadsideAmerica.com website this week, and I'm officially a fan. Brilliant!









And then we saw the mighty Red River. As many of those reading this have probably never actually seen the Red River before, I decided to include a picture.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good little adventure!

3 comments:

ixoj said...

The Red River looks like sludge.

Becky said...

Yeah i would not want to fall into that river. Sounds like you had a good adventure. Yes i stalk you over you blog as well.

Unknown said...

Becks, you can stalk me anytime you like! ;)
I would imagine the Red River is pretty gross to be in... or drink.