Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sugar

So, a few weeks ago I posted that I had gained 15 pounds over Christmas while working in Georgia. What I didn't post was that one of my goals for this, my 30th year of life, was to go 6 straight weeks without refined sugar. Well, today marks the end of my 6 week sugar diet.

Why go on a refined sugar diet? Well, for a couple reasons - I thought it would help me lose the weight, maybe get rid of that spare tire I could never get rid of, and just to see if I could.
I could and I did. I have no craving for sugar right now, something that will probably change quickly once I start eating girl scout cookies momentarily.

The weight wasn't really a factor in the diet - I lost the 15 pounds in just over 3 weeks - before the end of January I was back to 175. But it made a serious difference in the abs definition and just overall health feeling. So now, back to my cookies.

3 comments:

Travis said...

I ate a lot of Oreo's between Friday night and Saturday. I'm not sure how many but they're all gone now.

Jenn said...

Here it is, Ry. My first comment on your blog. As I sit and dip my graham crackers in my hagen daaz vanilla bean ice cream, I say "boo" to your no sugar diet.
-Jenn W.

The Shavers said...

I say post a pic of those defined abs and prove it! Did I tell you it is my goal to graduate with abs? (As graduating with honors is WAY out of the question.) That gives me 15 months! Yea baby!