Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day in Lubbock

So I decided I needed to do something different today, but not wanting to spent much in the way of monies on gas, I decided to go mountain biking. Therein lies the problem, for you see, in Lubbock there are no mountains. I decided a dirt road in the middle of Nowhere, West Texas would suffice.

So I went riding about 25 miles today, 12ish miles each way, got chased by some crazy dogs, saw lots of crops, and when I decided to turn around, this is what I saw:
To the North

To the East

To the West

To the South

So now you all know what you're missing out on...

5 comments:

Travis said...

Ry-
You really do live in the middle of no where. Nice crops though.

Anonymous said...

that kind of looks like the white rim trail, minus the rim.

Unknown said...

I showed these pics to my sister, and she suggested I go check out some other places... maybe this weekend?

Anonymous said...

see, I was right. It is a barren waste land.

The Shavers said...

Dang(with a Joe Dirt accent), I'm moving to Lubbock!
Miss you like candy, RyRy!