Thursday, September 06, 2007

I'm a capitalist

So the other day I'm eating my breakfast (which I believe was a wonderful egg sandwich with ham and cheese) when on the Today Show said they were going to talk to a Freegan about not spending money for a month. Being in a money crunch mode myself right now, I thought that this sounded like a great idea. I mean, I love free stuff, and love for people to give me free stuff, so maybe I could be a Freegan too!

Well, I didn't get to watch the piece - had to run to school, but while taking a break from reading more law this afternoon I decided to look up Freeganism.

At least it brought humor to my day. And while I will continue in my pursuit of free stuff - particularly free meals - I don't think my imperialist and capitalist points of view will allow me to ally myself with such people. Oh - nor will my work ethic. Lazy trash diggers - get a job.

6 comments:

Travis said...

Voluntary Joblessness: Really just another title for a lazy pile who wants to stand out in life and pretend they are making a difference while really just avoiding any real responsibility.

Travis said...

It's all the government's(ie: rich republicans)fault that they can't have what they want in life. You can't expect them to actually work for anything in life can you?

The Shavers said...

I wrote the Freegans a nasty email... I feel so politically active and opinionated. By the way, Ry, have you heard of World Net Daily? It's a conservative news site. Becky and her dad like it. You might enjoy.

The Shavers said...

Oh, and here are some funny conservative t-shirts. The anti-Hilary ones are my favorite.
http://www.thoseshirts.com/

Unknown said...

J-Ho!
I'll check out the news site - as for the Tshirts, I already own the 'Re-defeat Communism' shirt with Hillary on the front. I usually get a lot of dirty looks when I wear it around... good times.

The Shavers said...

Do you know about www.imao.us? They have really funny daily John Edwards Fabulous Facts. Becky and I were laughing our "behinds" off last night reading through them.
I like the shirt that says "Larval Stage: nemisis liberalis" Because she is so freakin UGLY on it.
Win the War
Kill the Terrorists
Punch the Hippies
Jared