Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Adventure of the Day: Maple Canyon

So last Saturday several of us went down to Maple Canyon near Moroni Utah. Yes, it was an extremely urban adventure...

Maple Canyon's pretty sweet, and has nice short hikes. Here's a pic of me playing around on a waterfall. I didn't go all the way to the top this time - I did it the last time I was there, and didn't feel any pressing need to do it again.


Also, an update on law school: I'm 99% certain I'm going to be attending Texas Tech in Lubbock. I've decided this for several reasons, one of the primary being cost, but also being able to be near my sister Kristi and her family. In truth, New York really appealed, and California sounded good, but neither really felt right. This feels better, though I still have no desire to make a life in Texas.

The 1% doubt is in case a school in DC calls - I'm currently on a waiting list out there.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Texas is evil. Just kidding. Eye heart you, Ryry.

Tyler Root said...

Maple Canyon is awesome. My wife used to go camp there a ton and we went there last year and did that loop hike, which was cool.

It's neat to see all the rock climbers way up there in the middle of nowhere. I'm not a big climber, but I love repelling. Her brother in-law brought all his gear and we spent a good portion of the evening repelling down a cliff behind their campsite.

You would never think that canyon existed in that valley.