Monday, October 09, 2006

Adventures in Palmdale

So my weekend had it's ups and downs...

On Friday I spent the day with Jared and Becky Shaver in LA. It was really good to see them - I was amazed at how much little Jonah has grown in the past 3 months.

On Saturday I felt like crap, so I basically sat around most of the day. Disappointing because great weather, and how often am I just sitting around in the high California Desert?

Today I went to a singles ward nearby. I was excited, hoping maybe I could find some people to hang out with. Well, it was pretty bad. Most of the guys were pretty cool. But that was 25 out of the 40 people who showed up. Take out the bishopric and their wives, and we're talking about 8 girls, 3 of which were already spoken for. 5 left. 1 that actually looked and seemed normal. I asked the guys if the odds were always like this, and they said that this was actually a good Sunday, and that it is like this everywhere in the valley. Basically, if you are a man, DO NOT move to Palmdale CA.

1 comment:

The Shavers said...

Hooray for the Shavers. Those guys rock.