Monday, September 04, 2006

Adventure of the Day: Backside of Y Mtn

Happy Labor Day!
I suppose I should be grateful to the AFL and other Labor Unions for the day off... but the capitalist in me thinks those organizations generally benefit people who are unwilling to work hard and efficiently. Nevertheless, I am grateful for the day off.
On my day off, I went to breakfast at this diner here in Provo, called Nate's Diner. It was OK. I thought their biscuits and gravy was a little bland. Kinda turned to paste, which was cool when I was 5.
Then I went hiking around Y Mountain. Pretty sweet hike, one I've done several times, in most every season. Basically, from when I left the Y I didn't see anyone else until I was halfway down to Rock Canyon - pretty empty back there. But! At least there were lots of people hiking the Y (most of which I think were disgusted with my pace as I passed by them...)
Right now I kinda have a headache - we'll see how the night plays out.

No comments: