Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cholesterol

So way back when I had a real job I went to this health fair, where they drew a little of my blood, did some tests, and sent me back some data. At the time (Feb 2007) my cholesterol was 174.

Well, about a year ago I started giving blood semi-regularly to United Blood services here in Lubbock. Yesterday when they called to bug me about a new appointment they told me that I could look up my cholesterol from previous donations online, so I checked it out. My most recent score? 136.

Maybe it's an anomaly, but wow. The things I've been doing that might be helping are
A) taking fish oil (omega-3) supplements
2) eating less red meat
iii) Crossfit and a little more running

I'm giving blood again this week, so I'll be sure to report if it stays low.

1 comment:

--jeff * said...

pretty dang, mate.
keep it up.*





*down.