Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Hitch Covers

So I've been a fan the past couple years of hitch covers for ... hitches. They look cool - you have sport shapes, brand shapes, team insignias - I personally have a BYU cover, made from a nice steel. Here's the link to where I pulled this picture, at the BYU bookstore.
Anyway, today this became important, because I was rear-ended by a camero at a stop light. The guy just let his foot off the brake and rolled into me - just gave me a little tap.

So I get out of the car, and so does he, and I say "Did that just happen? Whad'ya do, let your foot off the brake" "No, I was just talking with my girlfriend..." "Yeah, you were just talking with your girlfriend and you let your foot off the brake." "Is there any damage?"

I look at it - not a scratch on my truck. Totally perfect. I look at his camero (which sits below my bumper) and the license plate is totally caved in. The hood looks like it may be caved in.

"There's no damage to my truck. I can't say the same for your car. We're good."

And we left it at that. So I guess the moral of the story is that not only do hitch covers protect from dust, rust, and junk. They also protect against idiots.

1 comment:

t-rav* said...

If you find anymore protection against idiots let me know. I always like to keep some around, just in case.