Monday, August 21, 2006

Fighting mad

There's this sweet Tim McGraw song, The Cowboy in Me. In the song, he says that he's Got a life that most would love to have, but sometimes I still wake up fightin' mad.

Totally hits me sometimes. I'll just wake up fightin' mad, for no reason! I've been so blessed, but it hits me anyway. Part of this I think is just from being a man. But I believe another part of this comes from a lack of direction in my life. I really don't have too many long term goals right now. No marathons, no half-marathons, no century bike rides, no mountains calling me, nor is anyone really pushing me to do these things. The only real long-term goal I have right now is graduate school in 12 months. Other than that, I feel like I'm just kinda getting along.

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

No comments: