Wednesday, January 12, 2011

NASA video



I've thought a lot about how the lack of a frontier has caused a paradigm shift in America, and how we push for advancement and how we treat one another as a society. Does it make us lose our edge? Become a nation of wussies? Lead to supermarket shootouts? I think the 'talking heads' on TV (and the internet) can cause us to forget about TRUTH, and how opinions matter zilch in comparison.

I've wanted a new frontier, and after watching this video I thought "The frontier is whatever you are pressing forward for in your life." Maybe its a degree, a job, a family, losing 20 pds, or joy and laughter. But there has to be a push to go beyond ones boundaries.

I guess one way I thought of it was this: In 1800, people in London didn't have any real idea of what/where the frontier was. They didn't care, they were worried about putting bread on the table. In 1492, most Europeans didn't care about the frontier, they were worried about putting bread on the table. In 2011, do most of us care about the frontier, or possibly our personal frontiers, or are we worried about putting bread on the table?

No comments: