Saturday, September 26, 2009

Funny Training

So next Saturday I run the St. George Marathon. The time's come fast, but this time (unlike previous marathons) I've made a serious and concentrated effort to train for it.

Unfortunately, I've also suffered some tough injuries. I have plantar fasciitis in my left foot, my right knee has been hurting when I get over 10 miles, and I have a deep blister on my right foot that doesn't want to heal. Whereas originally my goal was to run a 3 1/2 hour marathon, now my goal is to finish.

Because of these injuries I've had to trade out my normal running for other things. Today I ran in the shallow lap pool for 3 hours 15 minutes. Boring beyond belief. I got out and could barely walk - my legs were total rubber. I'm sure I looked like a dork, but at least it was a nice day, got some sun, they had music playing.

Anyway, one more week.

1 comment:

Becky said...

oh my word i can't believe your ran like that for over 3 hours. that does sound so boring. I am sure your legs didn't work after that. Good job on the training though.