Monday, August 20, 2007

My first day of classes

So I just finished the first day of classes here at Texas Tech law school. It wasn't as intense as I had pumped myself up for - despite everyone during orientation saying that there would be no introductory class, every class was simply an intro session. So far, so good, but now I have a ton of reading and briefing to do. But, since this is my first post in a week or so, I figured I'd put down a little about the transition to Lubbock.

Umm... it's had its hard points. Leaving Provo was a good thing, but a really tough thing to do. I'm very thankful that my sister Kristi and her husband Justin are here so I at least know someone (and their son Caden, whom I discovered is very ticklish). I've moved into an apartment right next to the Lubbock Temple, about 2 miles from Kristi. Here's the view out my bedroom window.
Yup, that's Moroni. Ironic that I move from Provo UT to Lubbock TX and I'm now living the closest to a temple in my walking life (when I was an infant, my parents lived in Wymount).

Also, it's kinda fun being 'the Mormon' again. So far I've found 2 inactive LDS law students - both of whom sit right next to me in all 3 of my major classes - so I have some fun missionary work to do. And after I get through studying today, Texas Tech has some pretty nice boxing equipment. So that's where I'm at - but I'm also getting a hankerin' for some adventurin'.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice view. So did you end up with/out a roommate? I imagine the weather is good for riding your moto. Have you put it to good use yet? Let me know when you're ready to take on Johnny Cochran.

Unknown said...

No roommate - flying solo. It's kinda nice - and I'm staying busy enough that it's not lonely at all so far...
The weather has been great for the motorcycle, but one thing I didn't anticipate is how windy Lubbock is. It gust like 30 mph all the time, which makes the bike a little more stressful than maybe I like...

ixoj said...

i had no idea there was a temple in lubbock. or other houses besides yours and your sister's house. i'm glad your teachers didn't threaten you with all sorts of dreadful things on the first day. that's never fun.

The Shavers said...

Tell me when you catch a gator. I miss you like Tacos.
J-ho