Sunday, June 17, 2007

Eco Challenge 2007



So I did the Eco Challenge with the football team again this year. I did a lot better this year - still finished about half-way through the pack, but cut an hour off my time from last year to finish at 6 1/2 hours.
The Eco Challenge consisted of:
1 mile swim in the Richards building
An obstacle course - shuttle run, bear crawl, 600 pd tire flipping, sled pulling, pushups, sled pushing, farmer's walk, parallel beam walking on hands thingy, and 20 rope pullups. Lots o'fun.
35 miles of biking uphill on a mountain bike - up to Squaw Peak, then Southfork canyon, then up to Sundance.
Hiking/running up to Stewart Falls, then on to Arrowhead summit.

Overall I enjoyed the event a whole lot more this year, in part because it was warmer making the bike ride more enjoyable, and because I just hiked quickly instead of running, saving my strength and moving faster the entire way along.

3 comments:

The Shavers said...

You're my fitness hero.

Tyler Root said...

Congrats dude. Glad it was good for you.

What was the toughest part? I mean, were you able to flip that tire?

Unknown said...

Whoa buddy. Is this eco-challenge the same as the eco-challenge created by Mark Burnett? I heard it was no longer running, and it was much longer than 6.5 hours. Just curious.

Either way, that's quite an awesome accomplishment, good job, almost a year late. :)