Monday, April 09, 2007

Decision

So over the next few weeks, I have to make a very, very difficult decision. The only Law School I've been accepted to is in New York City, and I'm going out there for an open house next week. I've now been rejected from my top 3 schools (BYU, Utah, and ASU), so in reality the question becomes "Do I really want to be a lawyer?"

Being a lawyer could make me a lot more money in the long run, but would I be happier than I am now? I really enjoy my life here in Utah, mountain biking, snowboarding, hiking, camping... Of course, the flip side of that is that sometimes my current job drives me crazy.

Anyway, that's the struggle I'm in right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. What one did you get into? You should come and visit. Its fun out here in the big city. Let me know if you need any help.

The Shavers said...

Ok, here's my perspective on shee. I think that you might hate NY. I also think that professional schools are a rip off these days. Trust me, I know. I think, if I had a good job, decent earning potential, I liked where I was geographically, I had the opportunity to get a Master's for free and move up in my company, and then make more $, I'd do it. But, that's just me. You gotta do what you want to do. And I'm gonna be right here reading your blog no matter what!

Lane said...

Man. It is a tough decision. I wish you all the best in your struggle.