Sunday, March 11, 2007

The White Rim Trail

So this weekend I went to Moab with some friends to do the White Rim Trail around Canyonlands National Park. It was incredible.

To start off, we had a 20 mile detour, kinda messing up our plans on where to camp, and how long we'd have to ride the next day. What made it even worse was the ranger giving no indication that it was a 20 mile detour - he acted like it was just a simple little change. 20 miles on a mountain bike is a BIG change.

Anyway, we eventually got to a camp, spent the night, then rode the rest of the trail the next day. We did about 50 miles each day.

Here's a picture of me after I wrecked and turned my arm into hamburger.


And here's a pic of us at the 'finish line'. Beyond myself it was Kirk Coombs, T-Rav, and Shannon riding, with Kelly and Michelle driving my truck as the support vehicle.



An inspiring adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Ry. It was a good trip. Check out my parents blog for some stuff I put up about it.

Kelly said...

so much spandex....(shudder)